Friday 8 July 2016

Hylamide Boosters

There's quite a buzz around skin boosters these days and no wonder. They are very handy things to have in your skincare arsenal. You can practically customize your own skincare depending on what concerns you have. It's like picking the right clothing for the weather...or picking the right movie from Netflix for your current mood.  Following a trend of specialized K-beauty serums that deliver highly concentrated ingredients to the deeper layers of the skin, skin boosters are now popping up in the Western world like mushrooms.  Dermalogica, Clarins, Paula's Choice, Deciem have all brilliant options. I've chosen two from Deciem, Hylamide Glow Booster and Hylamide Low Molecular HA Booster.

Hylamide Glow Booster




This DHA-free glow-giver is fantastic! I was mixing a few drops in with my usual moisturiser for the night and within 2-3 days my make-up free skin looked much more healthy, glowy, even and managed to develop nice golden glow which I usually don't have, because I try to avoid tanning as much as I can and I don't like fake tan either.  Encouraged by the results I mixed it in with my body cream too, and it worked perfectly fine.  This glow booster is an affordable tanning product without causing cellular damage, and the absolute bonus? No dodgy fake tan smell!
Available here and here.

Hylamide Low Molecular HA Booster






Hyaluronic Acid is one of the beauty buzz ingredients loved for its humectant nature - it's binding up to 1000 times its weight in water, so it provides plenty of moisture making sure the skin stays healthy, plump and elastic. HA can be naturally found in our body, but as we age our ability to produce this essential acid is reducing, so we need to replenish it. The trouble is that it is hard to decide which Hyaluronic Acid product to go for. If the HA molecules are too large, they are practically useless, sitting on the skin, that you wash away when cleansing. It was found that if HA molecules are broken down they are much more effective, they are penetrating the skin more, delivering essential moisture to the deeper levels of the skin. But when can you ever find a product that goes into detail about what HA molecules they use? Brands are rarely that informative. Not Deciem. The Hylamide Low Molecular HA Booster uses five different forms of HA molecules that penetrate different layers of the skin, and mixing it in with your usual moisturizer, it will make sure that every last bit of moisture is captured and delivered deeper into the skin. Your moisturiser alone might not be able to do that on its own. My skin was feeling a bit dehydrated lately, so I started to add this to my daily moisturiser. A week later I could feel the difference, my skin felt bouncy, soft, all in all, happy and revived. What's not to love?
Available here and here.


Bonus features: Hylamide is Canadian (not sure why, but I really like that), vegan, not tested on animals, free of mineral oils and fragrance, the packaging, the price point.

No comments:

Post a Comment